There are 2 paths. The path I am looking to show you is one that embodies all of you, values your health and success. The path I have to show you knows growth, success, health and vision are matched and elevated in the heart, mind and body through your thoughts, feelings, emotions and presence.
Tag: weight loss
What you need to know about Toxicity and why Detoxification is so important for your health and well-being.
Toxicity is a build up of toxins with the body. It affects every area of your body and your health. Detoxification is the process and pathway in which your body removes toxins. There are two key detox pathways that your hard-working liver is organized around: phase 1 and phase 2.
Phase 1 is oxidation, whereby your liver utilizes oxygen and enzymes to remove toxins by making them soluble in water, so they can be excreted in your urine and poop more easily. Phase 1 is essential to detox. Phase 2 is called conjugation, which is necessary to remove the metabolites. Conjugation is how your liver combines oxidized metabolites with sulfur, methylation, glucuronidation, by adding certain amino acids or organic acids, and ultimately excretes them in bile.
Most environmental toxins overactivate in phase 1, and then exceed the capacity of your liver to complete the detoxification in phase 2. When that happens, you generate signs of toxicity.
Here are 6 signs of Toxicity.
1. Fluid Retention– Fluid retention is your body’s signal that it is working to flush itself out as there are factors disrupting your pathway to detoxification.
2. Increase in belly fat– Your body is unable to move and distribute the toxins being caught in your visceral fat.
3. Cravings and blood sugar issues– This related to your body being able to distribute and absorb nutrients and vitamins. Toxicity interferes with your body’s ability to absorb necessary vitamins and nutrients as they become caught in the toxicity.
4. Abdominal bloating– Bloating is a common issue with retaining water. Intestinal distress and inability to release excess fluid and excretion is a sure sign of toxicity.
5. Weight loss resistance– Unable to loss weight is a common problem for those with toxicity issues. Toxicity interrupts the flow and process for detoxification and purifying the body. This metabolic function is essential for weight loss. No amount of exercise and clean eating will in itself help with weight loss resistance caused by toxicity.
6. Insomnia, especially between 1am- 4pm– Your body is at it’s greatest REM- rest sleep during this time. When your body is awake at this time it is a sign it needs more help and support to reduce the toxic load it is carrying for improved rest and recovery.
To unburden your liver here is what you need to do:
1. Eat more antioxidants such as berries, citrus and spinach.
3. Metagenics Clear Change Detox Antioxidant protection & detoxification support- promotes vitality and health by supporting balanced activity of the Phase 1 and Phase 2 detoxification pathways. This formula provides methylated vitamin B12 and folic acid along with nutrients designed to enhance the activities of several liver detoxification enzymes.*